who we are
The Oklahoma Child Care Association is a professional trade organization, focusing on the needs of licensed child care providers in Oklahoma.
OCCA is a non-profit association governed by membership through a representative Board of Directors. The OCCA Board of Directors comprises representatives from national and regional affiliates, members, and franchises.
Our Statement of Purpose is as follows:
- To be a singular voice in the childcare industry in Oklahoma through the cooperation of the members of the Oklahoma Child Care Association (OCCA).
- To further the education and skills of OCCA Members to improve the care provided to the children in Oklahoma.
- To be informed of all proposed standards and public policy concerning the childcare industry and to communicate to our members how these regulations impact the daily operation of their business.
- To conduct and sponsor workshops in child development for directors, teachers, administrators, operators, and/or parents.
- To communicate research results, evaluations, proposals, regulations, and events in child development.
- To encourage and maintain high standards of ethics and services among Oklahoma childcare providers.
- To exchange information and render mutual aid and assistance to one another.
- To maintain a compact representative organization to consider, agree, and act together as an association upon all matters affecting the childcare industry.